Have you ever wondered how rich is Bill Gates? You might hate your Windows 8 and you might curse Microsoft’s products on almost daily basis, but there’s no doubt that Microsoft transformed Bill Gates into the richest man on the planet. Here are almost a dozen facts about Gates, which will explain a bit better why he scored number one on Forbes list of the top richest billionaires from all around the world.
1. First of all, he has been on top of Forbes’ list ever since 1997. His current networth of $79.7 billion topped people like Carlos Slim Helu, Warren Buffett, Amancio Ortega and Larry Ellison.
2. If Gates was a country, and not a person, he would be among the top wealthiest countries in the world, although he would be placed as number 37.
3. He actually knew he would become really rich one day. Back in his childhood years he used to brag to his teachers that he would own millions by his 30th birthday. When he became 31 years old, he was already a billionaire!
4. If he accidently dropped a $100 banknote on the ground, it wouldn’t be worth losing a few seconds to pick it up. If you take a look at his billions, a single second of Bill Gates’ time would cost $114.16 – more than he would have dropped!
5. Bill Gates knows how to spend his money. He actually donated $26 billion for vaccine research to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
6. Speaking of spending, his kids aren’t really swimming in cash. Not so long ago Gates stated that his children would get an excellent education and he would pay for all medical expenses. However, they wouldn’t get tons of cash for allowance money and they would have to find a job sooner or later – just like the rest of us.
7. Back when Gates was only 17 years old, he made his very first big sale. He sold a time-tabling system as a teenager and his school paid $4,200 for it!
8. If Gates made a $10 present to every single person living on this planet, he would still have a fortune.
Gates is 59 years old right now. He has to spend several millions each and every single day for the rest of his life in order to lose his fortune.
9. On the other hand, he could also lose all of his billions over the course of several short days. How is it possible? Well, if he gave $1 to every single person every single time his/ her Windows OS freezes, Gates would actually lose all of his fortune in just three short days!