This Man’s iPhone 5C Exploded In His Pocket And Left Him With Severe 3rd Degree Burns

Image Source: YOUTUBE
Advertisement

An unfortunate man got severely injured by his malfunctioning iPhone 5C.

According to official reports, Erik Johnson was left with severe third degree burns thanks to the smartphone’s malfunction. Johnson, who’s a New Yorker living in Long Island, was bending over in order to get his keys when he heard a strange sound coming from his pocket and shortly after that felt like something on his tight was burning. As it turned out, his iPhone 5C had exploded in his pocket.

The extremely high temperature of the explosion had melted the phone’s screen, its plastic particles and even its metal case. As a result, the leftovers of the mobile had stuck to Johnson’s pocket and shortly after that – to his skin. In a desperate attempt to get the device out of his pocket the man had torn up his pants, but that didn’t help. The phone left severe third degree burns on his thigh and he had to be hospitalized for 10 days, which he spent at a burns unit.

Advertisement

According to Apple, one of the reasons behind the iPhone’s malfunction could have been a wrong charger or a damaged circuit board. Johnson claims he didn’t use a wrong charger and that he’ll be suing Apple.

Adverisement


Written by Patrick Bennet

I have been working as a teacher my whole life. I love reading books.

I love writing about all kind of different and interesting facts. It's not only exciting, but I learn something new every day. What I learn I share it with you guys. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Loading…

Comments

comments

In 2005 A 13 Year-old Baby Was Born After Cryogenics Had Kept It As A Frozen Embryo

9 Year Research Finally Explained The Relationship Between Cancer And Sugar