10 Of The Most Bloodiest Mysteries That Will Never Be Solved

#8. The Disappearance Of Sheila Fox

Image Source: Wikipedia

A six year old girl is named to be one of the 20th century most mysterious stories. Sheila Fox, an English little girl from Bolton, was last seen when leaving school in Farmworth in 1944 walking together with a man who is still unidentified. His profile from witnesses was of a man, aged between 25-30, well dressed and looking sharp.

As most 6-year-olds, Sheila was a shy girl and if witnesses were correct, the man should be someone who is well known to her.

From the night of her disappearance on, volunteers and police had began the search but to no avail. Sheila’s case was called “The Girl In The Green Mac” by the press.

Soon after, our second World War started, which changed the society’s focus, therefore Fox’s case was somewhat closed.

In 2001, an individual claimed that back in 1944 when “The Girl With The Green Mac” was announced missing, he had seen a local twenty-year-old man digging a hole during the late hours. The case was re-opened. However, even though the suspect had a criminal record involving a child’s sexual assault, there was no progress, as nothing of evidentiary value was found.

H/T – Source

#9. The Oldest Active Missing Person Case

Image Source: Wikipedia

In 1926, a 75-year-old American, Marvin Alvin Clark, left his house for a trip to see his daughter, Sidney McDougall, but never did, as he mysteriously disappeared near Portland, Oregon the same night.
Right after realizing he was missing, his daughter ran an appeal in the local newspaper, and also offered a $100 ($1,400 worth today) reward. The last report of a witness revealed that Mark was seen at the terminal on Yamhill Street in Portland wearing a dark suit with slacks.

In 1986, an almost complete human skeleton was found in the woods between Tigard and Portland. Discovering that this is John Doe after an autopsy, the medical examiner Dr. Karen Gunson ruled the death a suicide as a bullet hole in the skeleton’s skull amongst with other clues led him to the positive conclusion.

However, even after the autopsy also revealed that the age of the victim was between 35 to 55 years old, and Mark’s granddaughter, Dorothy Willoughby, was suspicious that this was indeed her grandfather, still no positive traces existed and no links were connecting the found skeleton to Mark.

On April 30, 2014 “Mail Online” reported that: “Experts now believe the skeleton belonged to Mr. Clark, who vanished near Portland, Oregon, and have found three direct descendants with a DNA match.” It continues: “The match was a weak one, however, partly because of the age and disintegration of the remains. That means another descendant of his mother is needed to fully confirm the skeleton’s identity.”

test ad

H/T – Source

#10. Disappearance of Dorothy Arnold

Image Source

Dorothy Arnold was a wealthy heiress who would take a walk on Fifth Avenue for shopping on December 12, 1910 and disappear afterwards. Popping in and out of different shops witnesses claimed Dorothy was in good behaviour. One of the witnesses was Gladys King, a friend of the heiress, briefly discussed the upcoming party Dorothy was out shopping for and separated. Gladys was the last who saw Arnold. Heading back home something happened during that walk that remains a mystery.

A Private Veltin School For Girls, Dorothy was well mannered and educated. She never missed meals without informing her parents. Until that day. As the night fell they began to worry and made some calls but no one knew where she was.

As the family stuck to their social name and kept themselves away from unwanted attention, some weeks later they finally decided to call their family lawyer, John Keith. Keith then found burned papers in the fireplace, presumably to be evidence that Dorothy’s writing career plans did not go on as expected.
John felt he has done the best that he could and after finding nothing he directed the Arnolds to Pinkerton detectives.

The investigation began again.

Traces lead detectives to a plausible love story that could possibly have made Dorothy escape with a man to Europe and even made the detectives dispatch overseas but to no success.

On January 25, 1911, Francis Arnold holds a conference in front of reporters. $1000 (around $26 000 today) was offered as a reward for information on his daughter’s whereabouts. A later discovery revealed that the girl actually lied to her parents in order to spend a week with a man called George Griscom Jr. The truth came out and as a result she was prohibited from further meetings with George, mostly because of her parents’ high expectations and terms for her future husband, although she had managed to correspond with him. When asked, Griscom claimed he knew nothing about Dorothy.

All reports afterwards were false. Francis believed his daughter was kidnapped and murdered. However, Mary Arnold kept hopes that one day Dorothy would come back home. Finally, her brother John revealed his views on the case stating that he believed his sister had committed suicide as her writing career had fallen down the road.

H/T – Source

Written by Patrick Bennet

I have been working as a teacher my whole life. I love reading books.

I love writing about all kind of different and interesting facts. It's not only exciting, but I learn something new every day. What I learn I share it with you guys. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



A 7-Year-Old Boy Literally “Froze To Death” After Being Left Outside His House All Night Long

This Guy Sent His Mom An ‘Innocent’ Photo Of His Girl And It Backfired… Big Time